Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Greetings

Hello all,

I just joined the knitalong and will be making the L'il Red Riding Hoodie. I'm about 7 inches into the body at this point -- it's moving pretty quickly. No pics, as the only camera available to me right now is the iSight on my work computer, and I can't get a good shot...

The stockinette panels for the fronts are curling pretty fiercely at the cast-on edge, but I have faith that the addition of the pockets and zipper bands (and maybe some blocking in addition to that) will put a stop to it when the sweater is put together.

I'm not using the Karabella Bulky called for in the pattern, but Jaeger Extra Fine Merino Chunky, which is discontinued (I think) and on clearance at Webs. I'm using US size 10 needles (instead of 10.5), and have stitch gauge, but my row gauge is slightly off. I'm using black, but for those who may be interested in that yarn and want a red, the "Red Ink" shade is gorgeous (I ordered a couple balls in case I wanted to put a design on the back of the hoodie -- I don't think I will, though). More of a true red or blue-red than the tomato red on Webs' website. At any rate, the yarn is fabulous -- squishy, soft, and has incredible stitch definition.

No comments: