Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tailfeathers for the third time

I don't know exactly what's wrong with me, but I seem to be pattern-reading challenged.
I have now knit the center back and the lovely tailfeathers for the third time.
And I have started the Left side Back to front for the second time.
Somehow I have managed to get myself into some kind of autopilot state of not paying attention at all (with or without red wine) - and I have not figured out how to rewrap unwrapped wrapped stitches. Prettily.
But it seems that the third time is a charm, or maybe I've just learned my lesson.
I still love the pattern, and still think it's incredibly well written, and once this green one is done I want one in crisp white cotton.
Post exams, though.
It is a strangely addictive piece of knitting.
Tailfeathers and wrapped stitches and short rows and all.

1 comment:

jules said...

I am pattern reading challenged as well. I have had to frog parts of this more times than any other thing I have knit. Hang in there. I am almost done... just finishing up the neckline and the rest is done. (I didn't do it in order!)
JULES